Velocity Academy’s Education and Skills team are looking for a Lead IQA with experience of working across the Professional Sector to design, develop and deliver a wide range of apprenticeships, study programmes and short courses.
This role will require you to lead the internal quality assurance of teaching, learning, formative assessment and end point assessment processes, with a particular focus on the design and development of remote/virtual delivery models.
- Lead the implementation of the Education & Skills Quality & Compliance Framework within own sphere of responsibility and contribute to the wider quality agenda to ensure consistency and compliance to internal and external policy, processes, guidelines and requirements.
- Lead IQA responsibility of the following Apprenticeship standards: Level 2 Customer Service, Level 3 Business Administration, Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor, Level 3 Digital Marketer, Level 3 Personal Trainer.
- Maintain leading industry best practice and awareness via awarding organisations, inspecting organisations and industry/sector bodies.
- Lead standardisation meetings that are planned at least quarterly, according to a standard set agenda and that drives up knowledge, understanding & the drive for improvement.
- Carry out observations of teaching, learning and assessment, including feedback from learners and employers, as per internal protocol.
- Prepare and support the roll-out of key processes and standard documentation from Quality and Compliance Framework to engender compliance, consistency, and continuous improvement.
- Plan and design face to face and blended digital sequential curriculum to promote the attainment of retainable Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours (KSB) making reasonable adjustments to meet the individual needs of learners across a wide variety of provisions (including but not restricted to: Apprenticeships, Adult learning, ESF and Study programme).
- Mark/assess students’ work, provide structured feedback and set and agree development objectives with all key stakeholders (learners, employers, parents etc) in line with company learning policies.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place and reviewed annually so that learners are safe.
- You will have a creative approach to the design and development of smart delivery models.
- A passion and drive for designing and delivering learning on multiple levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- A high level of personal effectiveness skills.
- Be motivating, inspiring, supportive with a flexible approach.
- Qualified to TAQA Level 4 qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Experience of devising, planning, implementing & evaluating assessment and learning strategies.
- Experience of OFSTED inspections and other audit visits.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning quality standards.
- Understanding of risk & compliance management.
- Good ICT and digital skills including knowledge of e-learning platforms to direct and underpin the learner journey.
What you can expect
A competitive salary & clear pay structures, progression paths, and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll be joining a great place, driven by a shared purpose, where everyone can succeed and build a brighter future together.
How you can progress
From this role, your potential routes for progression include:
- Quality Director
- Team Manager
Location: Leeds (Office based at least 2 days a week)
Salary: Competitive, discussed upon request.