Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition
This Active IQ Level 3 Award is ideal for students aspiring to become a specialist instructor for pre and post-natal clients, who want to achieve a nationally recognised qualification in designing pre and post-natal exercise programmes and for those who would like to go onto further vocational training and placement opportunities.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to programme safe and effective exercise for both pre and postnatal clients, taking into account the physiological and biomechanical changes associated with pregnancy and the key health and safety considerations for pre and postnatal clients taking part in physical activity.
In order to enrol onto this course, you must hold a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification.
Physical activity is known to be part of a healthy lifestyle and many women wish to pursue and active lifestyle during pregnancy as well as into the postnatal period, whether they are an experienced exerciser or a newcomer. Upon becoming pregnant, many regular exercisers wish to continue participating in their chosen activities without fear of harming themselves or their baby.
In past years, women were often urged to ‘take it easy’ and to cut back on or avoid exercise during pregnancy. In addition, the ever-changing nutritional advice made food choices very confusing for pregnant clients. However, in more recent years, there has been a surge of research and strong evidence now available that states that exercise can not only be safe during pregnancy, but can actually have a positive effect. The UK National Health Service (NHS) now provides clear guidelines on dietary needs and supplementation during pregnancy and for those considering becoming pregnant.
Upon sign up to the course you will be sent your e-learning login details. From here, your online tutor will introduce themselves to you and you will be given guidance in how you would complete the course work online.
This course is 100% online and has no requirements to attend an assessment day. You will be also be given an online dedicated tutor to help you every step of the way, so don’t be afraid to ask for help at any point!
You can complete this course within the following timescales:
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 3 months
During the course you will be completing the following units:
- Unit 1 – Physical activity, health and nutritional considerations for pre and postnatal clients – Worksheet
- Unit 2 – Programming safe and effective exercise sessions for pre and postnatal clients – Case Study
Within unit 1 you will study the following areas:
- Understanding the values and concerns of physical activity for pre and postnatal clients
- The changes that take place during pregnancy and the postnatal period
- The key health considerations for pre and postnatal clients
- Collecting information to ensure health and safety when working with pre or postnatal clients
- The dietary and supplementation needs for pre and postnatal clients
Within unit 2 you will study the following areas:
- How to use the information gathered to confirm readiness for physical activity for pregnant females
- How to select appropriate frequency, intensity, time and type (FITT) of exercise for a client at her stage of pregnancy
- Arranging the exercise programme design in a way that is easy to use and understand
- Identifying any specific potential risks when working with re and postnatal clients
- General nutritional advice for pre and postnatal clients taking part in physical activity
How to Select Your Dates
This is an online course with no requirement to choose assessment dates.
There are two payment options. These are:
Option 1: £299 payment in full
Option 2: £99 Deposit with 4 monthly payments of £50 at 0% interest.
Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan
The Advanced Learner Loan is unavailable for this course.