Level 2 Gym Instructor
This qualification is an entry-level qualification for anyone who is wanting to get into the fitness industry. In holding this qualification, you will be able to work as a gym receptionist and take gym inductions with new members. You will also be able to take classes that you are qualified to do also. The usual progress that you make after this course is onto the Level 3 Personal Training Certificate.
– Premier World Fitness, Leeds
– DW Fitness First, Manchester
– Village Hotel, Birmingham
– Energie Fitness, Newcastle
This qualification is the minimum entry requirement in order to work in a fitness facility. Whilst undertaking the course the learner will learn about human anatomy and also key healthy eating guidelines. The learner will also gain an understanding in developing basic training programs for clients to prepare them for practical work in the industry.
Upon completion of this qualification you will be able to work as a Gym Instructor within a fitness facility. This is an Active IQ certificate that is REPS recognised qualification.
Upon sign up to the course you will be sent your e-learning login details. From here, your online tutor will introduce themselves to you and you will be given guidance in how you would complete the course work online.
This course would be completed over 2 assessment days* at one of our available locations. You will be also be given an online dedicated tutor to help you every step of the way!
This is a 2 month qualification and you will have a maximum of 4 months to complete this in.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be able to talk you through a bespoke timetable.
These are all Internationally recognised qualifications awarded through Active IQ who are governed by Skills Active. The units within the courses that you will be undertaking are:
You will study the following units during the Level 2 Gym Instructor course:
- Unit 1– Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Unit 2– Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Unit 3 – Health and safety in a fitness environment
- Unit 4 – Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Unit 5 – Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
How to Select Your Dates
Select your assessment days from the dropdown on this page. These can be changed at a later date if you are unsure.
There are three payment options for this course. The options are:
- Option 1: £720 full payment
- Option 2: £120 deposit and 6 monthly payments of £100 at 0% interest
- Option 3: £120 deposit and 12 monthly payments of £50 at 0% interest
Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan