Level 2 Certificate in Group Training
This new qualification is the result of close collaboration between Active IQ and EMD UK, the national governing body for group exercise and delivered through Velocity Academy. It gives instructors a dynamic and flexible learning path, combining teaching units based on the type of group training they want to teach. This includes Group Training – for classes such as high-intensity interval training, boot camp or circuits – and Group Training, which adds the skills needed to plan and teach sessions such as Zumba®, aerobics, dance fitness or Les Mills classes.
Locations: Premier World Fitness, Leeds
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills needed to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective group training sessions.
Whilst completing this qualification the student will learn about:
- Anatomy, physiology and how they relate to exercise and fitness
- Health and safety in the group training environment
- The skills to support exercise adherence and a healthy lifestyle
- The skills to plan, instruct and supervise safe and effective group training sessions
- Professionalism for group training
- Personal and professional development
- Delivering exceptional customer service
Upon completion of this qualification you will be able to work as a Group Training Instructor within a fitness facility. This is an Active IQ certificate that is REPS recognised qualification.
Upon sign up to the course you will be sent your e-learning login details. From here, your online tutor will introduce themselves to you and you will be given guidance in how you would complete the course work online.
This course would be completed over 1 assessment day at one of our available locations. You will be also be given an online dedicated tutor to help you every step of the way!
You can complete this course within the following timescales:
- 1 month
- 2 months
Please feel free to contact us and we will be able to talk you through a bespoke timetable.
This is an Internationally recognised qualification awarded through Active IQ who are governed by Skills Active. The units that you will be undertaking are:
- Unit 1 – Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness – Multi choice theory exam
- Unit 2 – Professionalism for group training – Worksheet, 2X Assignments
- Unit 3 – Health and safety in a group training environment – Worksheet
- Unit 4 – Supporting behaviour change and healthy lifestyles – Worksheet, Assignment
- Unit 5 – Planning and instructing group training sessions – Session plans, Observation, Self-evaluation
*If you hold a Level 2 Fitness instructor or Level 3 Personal Training qualification, you could be exempt from certain units. Contact one of our course advisors to find out more information.
How to Select Your Dates
Select an available assessment day from the list provided.
There are two payment options for this course. The options are:
- Option 1: £550 full payment
- Option 2: £150 deposit and 4 monthly payments of £100 at 0% interest
Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan
The Advanced Learner Loan is not available for this course.