A team leader/supervisor is a first line management role, with operational/project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
Roles/Occupations may include: Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, and Shift Manager.
Apprenticeships can play a key role in developing a business and securing success in achieving business targets and goals. When used correctly, an apprenticeship programme can be highly relevant to fill skill gaps for specific roles.
Our delivery model and partnered approach, ensures your business benefits from the apprenticeship programme.
The key roles for a Team Leader/Supervisor apprentice are:
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager
Opportunities for apprentice graduates to progress onto are:
- Operations Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Administration Manager
- Data Manager
- Marketing Manager
This apprenticeship programme runs in cohorts and have dedicated academic start dates. The apprentice will be required to attend 12 half day teaching and learning sessions for this apprenticeship programme. These teaching and learning sessions are a requirement for the apprentice to learn the needed knowledge, skills and behaviours to develop as a Team Leader/Supervisor and to achieve their apprenticeship assessments.
The apprentice will also be required to attend 1 additional half day for their assessment at the end of the apprenticeship in order to complete their End-Point Assessment.
Breakdown of Apprenticeship Programme
Stage 1 – Induction & Initial Assessments
During this stage, Velocity Academy will complete the apprenticeship on-boarding process with you and your employer. During this, the apprentice will complete an induction to your apprenticeship programme and the apprentice will also complete initial screening assessments for their functional skills.
Stage 2 – Your Learning
During stage 2, the apprentice will receive their tuition attendance dates for their required apprenticeship programme. These tuition dates will be hosted through Velocity Academies Online Live Classrooms and lead by your dedicated programme lead. The apprentice and the employer will also be invited to an apprenticeship review meeting every 6 weeks with their apprenticeship programme lead.
Stage 3 – Mock EPA Activities
As the apprentice gets towards the end of their apprenticeship programme, they will be preparing for their End-Point Assessment (EPA) activities. Consider these as the final summative assessments that will lead to the apprentice achieving their apprenticeship. During this time, the apprentice will be conducting mock assessments with their programme lead.
Stage 4 – End-Point Assessment & Graduation
This is the final stage of the apprenticeship programme. The EPA activities are lead by the awarding body and the apprentice will be allocated an assessor from the awarding body to complete their assessments with. Once the apprentice has completed these assessments and passed them, they would then be ready for graduating from their apprenticeship programme.
As a Non-Levy employer (SME), you’ll have an annual pay bill of under £3m. Non-Levy paying employers will share the cost of training their apprentices with government – this is called ‘co-investment’; the government pays 95% towards to the cost of apprenticeship training with the employer paying the remaining 5%.
Small, Medium Employer (under £3m annual payroll)
- £22.50 per learner per month (5% employer contribution *10 months = £225) + VAT
Small Employer Incentive
The government recognises that smaller employers have historically played a very important role in helping young and disadvantaged people into the workforce. They continue to support small employers to take on younger Apprentices (16-18).
So, for employers with fewer than 50 employees, the government will pay 100% of the Apprenticeship training costs for these individuals.
£1,000 is available to any employer taking on a 16-18 year old apprentice, or a 19-24 year old with an EHC plan; also available for Levy employers.
Levy Employer (over £3m annual payroll)
- On Programme: £276.92 per learner per month * 13 months = £3,600 (80%)
- End Point Assessment: £900 (20%)
- Total Cost = £4,500