Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
This qualification is the perfect career step for all qualified fitness professionals. With the GP Referral qualification you will gain knowledge in a wide variety of preventative and rehabilitative exercise therapies. This stimulating Exercise Referral course will challenge you and widen your knowledge and understanding of the health promoting benefits of physical activity.
Entry Requirement – Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
– Premier World Fitness, Leeds
The course will introduce you to a wide range of chronic and lifestyle diseases, their aetiology and pathophysiology (cause and development) and explore exercise approaches for successful intervention into such conditions. You will learn about the signs, symptoms and basic pathology of specific stable conditions such as:
- Orthopaedic diseases; arthritis and osteoporosis
- Cardiovascular diseases such as Hypertension
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Metabolic diseases such as Diabetes
- Pulmonary diseases such as Asthma
- Raised cholesterol and Obesity
- And many other common conditions…
You will also learn about the implications and effects of specific medications relating to those conditions and most importantly how to plan, deliver, manage and evaluate a safe, effective and progressive adapted physical activity program, personalised to individual client’s needs and lifestyle.
Upon sign up to the course you will be sent your e-learning login details. From here, your online tutor will introduce themselves to you and you will be given guidance in how you would complete the course work online.
This course would require 1 mandatory assessment day at one of our available locations. You will be also be given an online dedicated tutor to help you every step of the way, so don’t be afraid to ask for help at any point!
This course is designed to be completed within 3 months. You have a maximum time of 6 months to complete this course.
Please feel free to contact us and we will be able to talk you through a bespoke timetable.
During the course you will be completing the following units:
1. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health – Multi choice theory exam
2. Professional Practice for Exercise Referral Instructors – Written worksheet
3. Understanding Medical Conditions for Exercise Referral – Written worksheet
4. Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity – Multi choice theory exam
5. Planning Exercise Referral Programmes with Patients – Patient case study
6. Instructing Exercise with Referred Patients – Practical observation
How to Select Your Dates
Select your assessment dates from the drop down on this page. If you’re unsure, these dates can be changed at a later date.
There are two payment options. These are:
Option 1: £660 payment in full
Option 2: £150 Deposit with 6 monthly payments of £85 at 0% interest.
Apply for an Advanced Learner Loan
Advanced Learner Loan
The government has introduced these loans to help students, aged 19 and over, in further education pay college or training organisation fees. For further information on the Advanced Learner Loan. If you are looking to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. The total amount for this course is £2,225
To begin your application for an advanced learner loan, simply complete the online form on this page.
From there we will then begin the application process with you for your desired course and also, most importantly, you can start studying.
Alternatively, feel free to call our head office on 01132 866453 and press ext 1 to speak to a course advisor.